I’ve never really been a person who could fake a laugh. I mean, why on earth would you want to? Turns out that faking a laugh and having a laugh are pretty much the same thing in laughter therapy, and you eventually end up no longer faking it.
Robin Williams – everyone’s favorite comedian and tragedy – played the role of Dr Hunter (Patch) Adams in a movie of the same name. Based on a true story, the movie tells of an average man who checks into a psychiatric ward following a bout of depression.
His time in the psychiatric ward changes his life and outlook when he comes to realize that the doctors have no bedside manner whatsoever. A good-natured kind of guy overall, Patch Adams changes the medical (and patient) views of medicine forever by enrolling in medical school and using empathy, compassion, humor, and understanding to speed up healing amongst his patients.
Fed up with the red tape, Patch Adams creates his own clinic (that Adams began in ). Patch Adamsalso inspiredidea behind
What is laughter therapy?
A movement in and of itself, laughter therapy uses humor to unlock stress-busting endorphins into our bloodstream. You don’t need to be happy right now or even to have a sense of humor for a good laugh to pick you up.
You don’t need to sign up for any laughter therapy lessons (unless you want to) because laughter is free, costs nothing to spread, and is received without any value, either. At least, none that you can measure properly, except in the results.
The antidote for stress, laughter and humor make it almost impossible to feel down or heavily-burdened anymore. Coping with today’s stressful lifestyle is not easy, and laughter unlocks these amazing health benefits (even if you’re faking it):
- In the workplace, laughter therapy gets people laughing in both group and individual sessions and helps to reduce work-related stress, makes people happier and more productive and committed to their jobs – and improves their interpersonal skills.
- Laughter sthose hormones that the body,minimize Endorphins also promote a sense of overall well-being and even have the capacity to “temporarily” relieve pain while in the moment.
- is an aerobic exercise all by itself and ,,boosts
- Laughter boosts the immune system by increasing the number of infection-fighting antibodies, thereby enhancing and strengthening your resistance to diseases and infections.
- Laughter relaxes your tired, strained muscles for up to 45 minutes after you’re finished laughing.
- Laughter protects the heart and improves blood vessel function by increasing blood flow to the heart, protecting you from heart attacks or other cardiovascular problems.
- Laughter burns calories and laughing for 10-15 minutes a day can burn approximately 40 calories – which is all the calories you need to burn with Correxiko’s Super Wellness Collagen Peptides.
- Laughter diffuses anger, tension, and conflict – fast. Combine laughter with empathy to understand the other person’s angry point of view.
- A Norwegian study discovered that people with a strong sense of humor often outlive those who don’t laugh as much. The difference was remarkable in cancer conditions.
Continue reading here to discover more insights, tips, and tricks on how laughter can boost your immune system, promote mental and physical well-being, and make you feel more connected to the people you care about.
Collagen-lovers ourselves, we buy quality products for ourselves, and we produce quality products for you because we wouldn’t know how to do it any other way.
Once you become involved with a Correxiko product, we know you’ll stay loyal simply because there isn’t a product out there that can compete on our quality and effectiveness.
Rate Your Experience
Become a Member by signing up for our bi-weekly email newsletter packed with collagen recipes, as well as essential news and insights on healthy hair, radiant skin, stronger nails, better bone and joint support, gut health, and whole-body care and repair.
Plus, enjoy 10% off with your first purchase and FREE SHIPPING on all purchases above $/£/€100.